Ignite 2019 in Orlando FL was a great conference for Zerto.
What a week at Ignite. I had a combination of being a session attendee, a presenter and we had a lot of great partner meetings.
The sessions at Ignite were good as usual and I liked how they had more theater sessions on the show floor. Some takeaways for me were:
- Azure VMware Solutions (AVS) or VMware on Azure, is going to be a big deal. We had so many conversations with companies that thought this will be a good solution for them it reminded me of the early days of VMware virtualization when it finally went from test lab only use to everyone deciding to put it in production as a proven solution.
- AI and ML is only going to grow in enterprises as Microsoft and partners are working to make it easier to implement. I attended a couple of sessions where they demoed using reusable and downloadable ML models to speed up your design/implantation time.
- Containers are quickly becoming normalized for enterprise use cases.
If you didn’t get a chance to go to Orlando. Here are the keynotes and sessions. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ignite
Here are some sessions to watch in the playlist. The direct URL shares are not available yet, but these are in the list.
- Extending VMware operations into Azure: Embracing the cloud AND staying – Discussion includes using Zerto in Azure VMware Solutions.
- How to move VMWare workloads to Azure – Really good session talking about VMware in Azure. Customer case study is a Zerto customer.